Fr. Nash served St. Anthony’s Parish at a time when the Parish had drastically changed from its earlier years. Gone were the school and the families of past years. During his last years as Pastor, a population shift had reduced the Parish to 350 families, most of whom were retired or single. Although church activities dwindled, Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD) classes were still held to fill the gap left by the closing of the school.
A native of the Okanagan, Fr. Nash studied at St. Augustine Seminary before he was ordained by Archbishop Duke on June 21, 1936. He was Pastor at Sacred Heart in Ladner and Immaculate Conception Parish in North Delta from 1939. After serving as Chaplain at the British Columbia Penitentiary and later at St. Mary’s in Collingwood, he did short stints at St. John the Apostle, Most Pure Heart of Mary, and St. Vincent Mission in Sechelt Peninsula. Before coming to St. Anthony’s, Fr. Nash spent ten years at St. Joseph’s Parish in Langley.